University of Nebraska-Lincoln Pesticide Application Technology Laboratory Trial Request Form
Thank you for your interest in conducting research with the UNL Pesticide Application Technology Laboratory (PAT Lab). Our laboratory became operational in the winter of 2012, and our capabilities include analysis of pesticide applications using both a low speed and high speed wind tunnel. These wind tunnels have been custom built for the purpose of measuring the droplet spectrum produced by a range of application technologies. The testing methods utilized at our facility are influenced by a variety of standards, including those from the ASABE, ASTM, and EPA.
The trail request form (fillable testing form) is meant to standardize the treatment list between a company, researcher, individual (i.e. “the requestor”) and the UNL PAT Lab. It is the requestor’s responsibility to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the treatment list. The researchers at the UNL PAT Lab will provide guidance only when requested. All liabilities, including financial, for an incomplete or inaccurate trial request form are the responsibility of the requestor. With each trial request a signed testing service contract will be required available on request from the business office. Here are some important items to keep in mind:
- The UNL PAT Lab maintains a limited chemical inventory of agricultural pesticides and adjuvants. It is the requestor’s responsibility to provide any and all chemicals needed for a given test. Excess quantities of chemicals will be stored in a climate-controlled room by the UNL PAT Lab for a period of three (3) months after completion of the test. After which, the chemicals will be discarded in a manner consistent with the pesticide label. If the requestor wishes to have the chemical samples returned to him/her, he/she will be responsible for the shipping costs.
- Rates must be expressed as either grams of product or milliliters of product per liter. Rates expressed in any other format (e.g. lbs of a.i./acre, %v/v, etc.) will not be accepted. The UNL PAT is not responsible for mixing errors if products are not expressed in the appropriate units.
- The UNL PAT Lab has access to a wide variety of nozzles for both low speed and high speed wind tunnel testing. However, if the treatment list contains nozzles not available at the UNL PAT Lab, the requestor is responsible for providing the nozzle(s). The nozzles available at the UNL PAT Lab are listed in nozzle inventory.
- The monetary charge for a trial is set by Dr. Greg Kruger only. At no time shall the requestor contact any other members of the UNL PAT Lab for trial charges, nor seek further treatment list amendments without prior approval by Dr. Greg Kruger.
- Trial Request Forms are processed in the order in which they are received. The UNL PAT Lab does NOT give preferential treatment to any requestor(s). The time needed to complete a Trial Request Form varies by queue position, time of year, complexity of trial, etc.
- An invoice will be mailed following completion of the data report. Payment is due within 30 days of invoicing.
- Following trail request submission, please allow 3 business days for return communication from a representative of the PAT Lab to discuss pricing and trail details. If for some reason you are not contacted please email Dr. Greg Kruger.
Please download the trail request form, complete and upload below. All fields need to be completed. When finished please select Submit. To request the contract template please email Stephanie Cole at the contact information below.
Should you have any questions, please contact:
Dr. Greg Kruger
Weed Science Application Technology Specialist
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
West Central Research and Extension Center
402 West State Farm Road
North Platte, NE 69101
Trail Request Form
Fillable treatment testing form (xlsx, 14.9 KB)
Available nozzles (pdf)
Required Testing Service Agreement contact:
Greater Nebraska Business Center